Wednesday March 15th
RDPSoft - RDS in Server 2016
And Beyond !
The Best in Education and Virtualization each Month
Thank you to our sponsor:
PLEASE, be sure to RSVP on the VirtG Meetup site
so we know how much food to order and speed up registration at the Microsoft Security Desk.
Registration Link: http://www.meetup.com/VirtGBoston/
- 6:00-7:00 Networking, Introductions, Food and Refreshments
- 7:00-7:45: Managing Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2012 and Beyond
- Microsoft greatly improved its Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) performance and capabilities starting in Windows Server 2012. This has provided better remoting experiences for users with less reliable network connections like cellular, satellite, and wireless. As many Windows administrators are learning however, Microsoft also "overhauled" the traditional Remote Desktop Services Management tools at the same time. In many ways, this overhaul was both incomplete and flawed. The new management tools, located as a plug in within the Server Manager tool, have a reduced feature set compared with their predecessors. In larger Remote Desktop Services collections, they have issues scaling appropriately, and in extremely large networks, can become unusable.
- In this talk, Andy breaks down management options for RDS in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016, specifically:
- The built-in Remote Desktop Services Manager in the Windows 2012/2016 Server Manager tool.
- Powershell scripts and command-line tools that can be used for RDS session management.
- Free and commercial third-party tools for RDS management and monitoring, like RDPSoft's Remote Desktop Commander.
- Andy will also touch upon the new metrics and performance counters that can now be tracked in Server 2012 and Server 2016, such as session latency, protocol error rates, and much more.
- If you currently run Remote Desktop Services in your environment, this is a talk you won't want to miss.
- Speaker: Andy Milford - RDPSoft
- Andy Milford is the CEO and Founder of RDPSoft, and is a Microsoft MVP in the Enterprise Mobility / Remote Desktop Services area. Prior to starting RDPSoft, Andy was the CEO and Founder of Dorian Software, a log management company acquired by Ipswitch in late 2009. He loves creating easy-to-use yet powerful software solutions for SMBs and emerging enterprise companies.
- 8:00-8:45 - TBD
- Speaker: TBD