Thursday March 17th
Citrix at Scale - Real World Intelligence for Deployments Mini to Mammoth
& New in a Windows 10 Near You
The Best in Education and Virtualization each Month
Thank you to our sponsors:
PLEASE, be sure to RSVP on the VirtG Meetup site
so we know how much food to order and speed up registration at the Microsoft Security Desk.
Registration Link: http://www.meetup.com/VirtGBoston/
- 6:00-7:00 Networking, Introductions, Food and Refreshments
- 7:00-7:45 Citrix at Scale - Real World Intelligence for Deployments Mini to Mammoth
- After spending years designing, building, and supporting some of the largest Citrix implementations in the world I've seen some crazy stuff. Sometimes I've even been the one doing the crazy! Poor design decisions can doom a virtualization project, especially at a larger scale.
- In this session I will talk about the challenges and opportunities virtual technologies bring to the Enterprise. I'll discuss common sense strategies to approach designing your environment, the joys of automation in the provisioning process, and what I think is the future of virtualization in the environment (hint: It's all about the apps).
- I want you to walk away ready to avoid the mistakes I've made and able to focus on the things that are most important to your deployment.
- Speaker Bio
- Paul Stansel, Principal Consultant, Presidio
- Paul Stansel is an 18-year veteran of virtualization technologies who has installed every version of Citrix since WinFrame. He has designed, implemented, and supported Citrix environments for multiple Fortune 100 companies primarily in the Insurance and Pharmaceutical verticals. Paul is currently a Principal Consultant at Presidio and was previously an Enterprise Infrastructure Architect specializing in Virtualization and Cloud Technologies for Travelers and the Lead Virtualization Architect for Aetna where he built from the ground up Aetna's 55,000 seat global XenApp and XenDesktop environment spanning 5 datacenters across the globe. Over the years, Paul has been an author and editor for several books on Citrix and Microsoft technologies as well as a featured writer for several popular websites. He has been a speaker at Citrix Synergy and PremierCIO and in his spare time blogs at citrixtips.com and on twitter @pstansel. Paul holds multiple Citrix certifications and is a current Citrix Technology Professional (CTP).
- 8:00-8:45: Windows 10 - What's new? What's Shiny!
- Microsoft is constantly adding new capabilities to Windows 10. In the fall, we saw the release codenamed “Threshold” bring in new feature. Microsoft has also talked about a couple of “Redstone” releases for this year. We’ll demo some of the changes that can be seen in the current “fast track” releases, and talk about what’s public on the rest. It should be bleeding-edge kind of interesting!
- Speaker: Tim Mangan
- Speaker Bio
- Tim Mangan, Vice President VirtG
As an independent consultant, Microsoft MVP, and Citrix CTP, Tim spends a lot of time playing with new and shiny broken things. Through his company, TMurgent Technologies, Tim is generally referred to as the godfather of App-V, but he spends a lot of time crawling through the bowels of the OS in order to make stuff work.
- 8:45- Cleanup and prizes
- Registration Link: http://www.meetup.com/VirtGBoston/