Wednesday January 20th
Storage Startup Trailblazers: Flash Hybrid Storage, Hyper-convergence and Cloud
Storage Startups who are blazing the trails in Flash Hybrid Storage, Hyper-convergence and Cloud
The Best in Education and Virtualization each Month
Thank you to our sponsors:
PLEASE, be sure to RSVP on the VirtG Meetup site
so we know how much food to order and speed up registration at the Microsoft Security Desk.
Registration Link: http://www.meetup.com/VirtGBoston/
- 6:00-7:00 Networking, Introductions, Food and Refreshments
- 7:00-7:45 Time Based Storage with BackDating: Reduxio HX 550
- Traditional storage systems have been architected with the volume as the core of the metadata architecture. This ties the volume to its data and imposes limitations to how storage systems can scale and the type of data management capabilities a system can support. Reduxio has introduced the first of kind time based storage with time as the core of the metadata architecture. Reduxio’s TimeOS™ records and tracks every transaction with a time reference. This allows Reduxio to introduce the first new data management capability for primary storage in 30 years called BackDating™.
- Speaker Bio
- Jacob Cherian, Vice President of Reduxio
- Jacob is responsible for Reduxio's product vision and strategy. Jacob has overall ownership for defining Reduxio's product portfolio and roadmap. Prior to joining Reduxio, Jacob spent 14 years at Dell in the Enterprise Storage Group leading product development and architectural initiatives for host storage, NAS, SAN, RAID and other data center infrastructure. Jacob was named a Dell Inventor of the Year in 2005, and holds 45 issued patents and has 10 patents pending in the areas of storage and networking.
- 8:00-8:45 Stratoscale - Building Private Clouds powered by HyperConvergence
- Using Gartner’s description of “Bimodal IT” as guidance, Stratoscale will discuss how its HyperConverged software, named “Symphony” helps organizations build the most efficient, flexible, and economical software-defined/private datacenters in the industry. Symphony is designed from the ground-up to address the pains associated with building and managing private clouds in the DevOps world while balancing the developer’s needs (self-service, flexibility, programmability) with the infrastructure owners’ pains (cost, complexity, compliance).
- Our hardware-agnostic approach relies on no additional 3rd party software or hypervisor to enable the hyper-convergence of all datacenter resources; compute, storage and networking into a single pool of self-balancing & optimizing infrastructure- delivering rack-scale economics and all the benefits of OpenStack, right out of the box.
- Speaker Bio
- Mike Richards, Director of Channels
- Mike oversees the global Channel/Reseller program. Prior to coming onboard, Mike spent almost 15 years developing and managing partner relationships with resellers and service providers all over the world. He has held a variety of channel positions within Connected Corporation/Iron Mountain and Egenera building channel programs around data backup/archiving, eDiscovery, and Converged Infrastructure. Mike holds a BA from The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts and when away from the office, you can find him spending time with his wife and daughter either at the movies or heading into Boston for a concert/comedy show/Sox game.
- 8:45- Cleanup and prizes
- Registration Link: http://www.meetup.com/VirtGBoston/